Luxemburger Wort Leserreise:
See the beauty of the Bosphorus through different eyes.
5 days: 30.10.2023-03.11.2023
(Small group, maximum 15 passengers)
Greek city foundation, seat of government under Emperor Constantine, power centre of the Ottoman Empire, cultural and economic heart of Turkey: Istanbul proudly looks back on its unique history and its development into the modern megacity of modern times. On this tour you will experience the Bosporus metropolis in all its facets. You will move through the old and new history on foot, by ferries and trams and thus get a completely different view of the city. The daily walking distances (incl. the evening walks to the restaurants) are about 4-8 kilometres. Your hotel is located in the in-district Karaköy and is thus an ideal starting point for the daily rambles and sights.
Authentic and sustainable:
- Small group (maximum 15 guests)
- CO2 compensation of flights, airport transfers and land services included
- Owner-managed ****hotel (with sustainability guidelines) in an optimal location
- Visits on foot (daily walking distances 4-8 kilometers) and by public transport
- Bosphorus cruise by public ferry
- Dinner in selected restaurants allows you to get to know Turkish cuisine in an authentic way
Day 1 To Istanbul
Flight (11.35-16.50, Turkish Airlines) from Luxembourg to Istanbul, transfer to the hotel. Dinner with local specialities. Overnight: Hotel The Haze Karaköy****. (D)
Total walking distance (excluding airport routes): approx. 1,5 km
Day 2 Sultanahmet
Galata Bridge and Sirkeci Railway Station, Sultan Ahmet Square: Hippodrome, Egyptian Obelisk, Serpent Column, Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque), Hagia Sofia, Underground Cistern. Dinner at a local restaurant overlooking Istiklal Street. Overnight: Hotel The Haze Karaköy****. (B,D)
Total walking distance: approx. 7 km
Day 3 Egyptian Bazaar & Bosphorus Cruise
Egyptian bazaar, tips from a spice connoisseur, Bosphorus trip by ferry, break in a fishing village. Overnight: Hotel The Haze Karaköy****. (B)
Total walking distance: approx. 4 km
Day 4 Topkapi Palace, Istiklal/Taksim/Nisantasi
Topkapi Palace including treasury and harem, Istiklal Street, Taksim Square, Nisantasi: galleries, boutiques & exclusive fashion shops. Farewell dinner at Karaköy’s best meat restaurant. Overnight: Hotel The Haze Karaköy****. (B,D)
Total walking distance: approx. 8-10 km
Day 5 To Luxembourg
Free time, transfer to the airport, flight Istanbul-Luxembourg (15.30-16.50, Turkish Airlines). (B)
B=breakfast, D=dinner, O=overnight.
Programme and flight times are subject to change
The prices per person
Single room supplement
Minimum number of participants 12 passengers, maximum number of participants 15 passengers
Included in the tour price
- Flight with Turkish Airlines Luxembourg – Istanbul – Luxembourg (Economy Class, incl. 23kg luggage).
- Airport taxes and paraffin € 132,00 (as of 04/2023)
- CO2 compensation of flights and land-based services
- 4 nights in Hotel The Haze Karaköy****/Istanbul (or similar), double room deluxe incl. breakfast
- 3 dinners in selected restaurants
Transfers, public transport and sightseeing as per programme
- Local German speaking tour guide
- Bollig-Tours escort from/to Luxembourg (minimum number of participants 12 / full payment required)
For a brief description of the accommodation and further information on the trip, see “Detailed trip description PDF”.
Entry (as of 05/2023)05/2023)
For Luxembourg nationals with a passport valid for at least two months beyond the duration of stay, in good condition and with at least one blank page. Currently there are no restrictions due to the COVID 19 pandemic. However, this may change at short notice depending on the pandemic situation.
This trip is not suitable for guests with mobility impairments. If the case arises, please let us know the nature of your mobility restriction before booking and clarify with us whether we can meet your individual needs.